There are a few rules that visitors must follow when using www.flgs.co.za (the “website”), so we ask you to read our terms and conditions thoroughly. This website is brought to you by Friendly Local Game Store (“FLGS”, or “we” or “us”) and all rights, including copyright, in the content of the website is owned or controlled by FLGS. FLGS provides access to the website and sells its products to you subject to the terms and conditions set out on this page.
If you have any comments or queries relating to this website, please contact us.
1. Our Products and Our Services
Friendly Local Game Store is a business in the hobby industry that markets tabletop games (boardgames, roleplaying games, collectible card games, educational games, etc.) for adults and children, and board gaming events.
Friendly Local Game Store shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: https://www.justice.gov.za/legislation/acts/2000-002.pdf
3. Customer Details Separate from Card Details
Customer details will be stored by FLGS separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayFast’s secure site. For more detail on PayFast refer to https://www.payfast.co.za/
4. Pricing and Availability
All prices are quoted in Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise specified. All item prices are exclusive of delivery charges. We list availability information for products sold on the website, including on each product information page. We cannot be more specific about availability than what is stated on the site. Dates are not guaranteed and should not be relied upon. As we process your order, we will inform you by email if any products are subsequently found to be unavailable.
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the products on the website may be miss-priced. If a product’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and send you the product. If a product’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, not honour the stated price and charge the correct price. We will contact you for instructions before shipping the products or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Should the product show a zero balance, it would likely be system error and we will charge the full correct retail price of that specific item
5. Payment Options Accepted
Credit and cheque cards issued by Visa and Mastercard are the most popular and trusted online payment methods around the world. Including South Africa. The Friendly Local Game Store uses the PayFast online payment solution to facilitate your transactions.
6. Credit Card Acquiring and Security
No credit card details are stored on the website. Credit card transactions will be acquired for Friendly Local Game Store via PayFast who are PCI-DSS Level 1 Compliant and use Extended Validation SSL with 2048-bit encryption, the highest-level encryption available.
7. Merchant Outlet Country and Transaction Currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
8. Return and Refunds Policy
You may exchange or return new, unworn, or unused products within 7 days of the date the goods were shipped to you. All items need to be in their original packaging and undamaged. Credit Card and EFT refunds online – Please note that each banking institution has a different lead time on refunds. Refunds can take between 3 – 13 working days to reflect in your account.
9. Delivery Policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 2 working days and delivery confirmed by way of a confirmation email.
All our parcel deliveries are done via third party courier companies. Unfortunately parcel delays do and will happen.
The offerings on this website is available to clients with a South African delivery address only.
Deliveries for orders of a value exceeding R500 are free within South Africa. A delivery charge of R85.00 for orders of a value less than R500 will be applied.
10. Alteration of Service or Amendments to the Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and terms and conditions of sale at any time. Your use of the website and your orders will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions of sale in force at the time that you use the website or that you order products, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions of sale are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining conditions.
11. Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
- We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the images, description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns and Refunds Policy.
- Friendly Local Game Store (Pty) Ltd shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third-party websites.
- Friendly Local Game Store will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
12. Electronic Communications
When you visit the website or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these terms and conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of the website, any purchase by you on the website of any products and these conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and will be deemed to have occurred in the Republic of South Africa. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions of sale.
Save for Friendly Local Game Store being liable to you –
- under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) in relation to any products sold by Friendly Local Game Store to you via the Site; and
- under sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act in relation to Friendly Local Game Store’s payment systems not being sufficiently secure,
Neither Friendly Local Game Store nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Site or the services or content provided from and through this Site. Furthermore, FLGS makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Although the products sold via the Site may be under warranty, the Site itself is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet your individual requirements. Friendly Local Game Store does not warrant that this website, its servers, or e-mail by us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Friendly Local Game Store will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
It is your sole responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to accepting these Terms and Conditions that the service available from and through this Site will meet your individual requirements and be compatible with your hardware and/or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Friendly Local Game Store and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Site.
16. Feedback and Complaints Policy
We welcome any comments about our service, so we can improve it. Our aim is to deal with any problems quickly and fairly. If you wish to complain, let us know about your unpleasant experience you have had with our company, please e-mail our customer service team stating clearly that you are making a complaint and use email address: email@example.com
Please provide us with the details of the incident and your contact details for us to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. Alternatively, call us on the number stated on the website and say that you wish to make a complaint. While we will endeavour to respond within 24 hours to let you know that we are working on the matter, our aim is to respond and resolve the matter within seven (7) working days, either resolving the complaint, or with a timescale for resolution.
17. FLGS Competition Rules
- This promotional competition is organised by Friendly Local Game Store (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, over the age of 18 years, except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter, immediate family members, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and/or associated companies, and/or a participant who has won a prize through a promotional competition run by the Promoter at least three months prior to the announcement of the winner of the Prize (“Disqualified Persons”).
- By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
- The promotional competition dates commence on date competition is advertised and ends on the date advised on marketing collateral. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- To be eligible for either prize and automatically be entered into the competition draw, entrants must adhere to the specified rules of the competition and must have actioned all steps required by these rules, whether it is to like or share something on Facebook (or some other such social media site) or taking a picture in store.
- The prize winner will be selected by random draw from all the entries received during the competition term and will be notified by telephone, direct Facebook / Instagram message by the following Monday post competition closing date. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered.
- The Prize will be shipped to the closest store to the winner, the winner will then need to collect in store. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Winners will be required to provide their proof of identity to verify that they are above the age of 18.
- If the potential winners and/or winners do not confirm acceptance of their Prize within (5 days) after they have been contacted, the potential winners and/or winners will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters) and/or use of the Prize.
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook / Instagram and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook / Instagram.
- All entrants in this promotional competition release Facebook / Instagram from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
18. Country of Domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Friendly Local Game Store chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, the following address:
Shop 8, 17 Fourth Avenue, Parkhurst, Johannesburg.
19. Company Information
This website is run by Jonathan Perry on behalf of Friendly Local Game Store in his capacity as director of Friendly Local Game Store.
Support: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0823359406